Fixed Asset Management
Cherwell District Council
West Midlands Magistrates'
Medical Supplies Agency
Who Are Requisoft
Hardcat Asset Management
The Hardcat Asset Management system consists of a Core Module and elective modules catering for Barcoding, Depreciation, Help Desk & Preventative Maintenance. The system is fully integrated with the Requisoft procurement system.
The Core Module is a relational asset inventory database which records and manages the following asset information:
- asset details (i.e. type, serial number, description);
- purchase price & current valuation;
- warranty/maintenance dates & costs;
- components and attachments;
- movement to different locations, cost centres or people;
- associated asset management costs;
- lease & rental information;
- cost centre & ownership;
- supplier and maintenance provider;
- user defined information by asset type;
- change history & audit trail.
The Core Module is supplied with a Report Generator which includes:
- pre-formatted reports
- custom report writer tool
- multiple selection & report sorting
- report generation to various outputs including printer, screen, file, and email
Reporting can include practically any fields from virtually any area in the system, e.g. Assets, Suppliers, Locations, Personnel, Help Desk, Cost Centres, Purchasing and Depreciation. A comprehensive query facility is also provided to allow the user to create their own custom formats from scratch in seconds! Information held against each asset can be accessed and sorted by virtually any field in the Hardcat database, for example:
- barcode number;
- asset number;
- serial number;
- asset description;
- asset type/sub-type standard name;
- location code;
- cost centre code;
- supplier, owner, plus user defined fields
The ability to create user-defined fields enables the user to tailor the database to meet their organisational management information requirements. Fields can be added that are common to all assets, or specific to an asset type. For example, type-specific fields can be created for motor vehicles that refer to the registration, engine type, and fuel requirement, and for PCs that refer to processor, memory and hard disk. Suggested default entries can also be configured to save on data entry time.
By automating time intensive audit and data collection processes, the Hardcat Barcode Auditing Module offers a fast, accurate and discrete method of identifying fixed and portable assets - from desks, chairs and large mainframe computers, to fax machines, photocopiers, modems, PCs, portables and mobile phones. Asset information is recorded via a hand-held barcode reader which has a pre-programmed interrogation system enabling the system user to collate data efficiently, accurately and in an organised and efficient format. It provides the user with:
- detailed asset information recording by make and model, serial number, user, cost centre, location & more
- data analysis & automatic asset creation
- full reports on assets audited by location, cost centre and people, including exception reports for stolen, missing or moved items
- automatic transfer, sorting & relocation of audited assets
- last audit report facility
- on-line goods in/out recording (including expected return date)
- barcode printing in a choice of formats.
The Depreciation Module links into the Hardcat core system and provides the following advanced features:
- Conventional or MHCA depreciation calculation
- unlimited number of user definable depreciation sets (most other asset register packages limit the user to book and tax sets only)
- separate sets may be maintained for depreciation forecasts, historical cost, etc
- method & rate can be defined by asset type
- daily percentage rate calculations
- revaluations by asset type
- insurance valuation & revaluation reporting
- asset disposal (including profit/loss on sale and balancing charges)
- extensive pre-formatted reports
- user customised reporting
- flexible periods within each set
- individual asset override
- own import/export facility
- journal exports
The Hardcat Help Desk Module is an online problem and call logging system. By registering and maintaining up-to-date records on all hardware and software problems, users can immediately identify assets under warranty, maintenance support details and the performance history of each asset. A key system benefit is the automatic calculation of down-time for performance statistics on assets, asset types and suppliers. It provides the user with:
- online registration of all hardware & software problems
- automatic problem attachment to asset
- central 'problem knowledge' database for problem solving & quick diagnosis
- automatic downtime calculations & problem resolution costs, including labour & spare parts
- management of supplier, maintenance & warranty information
- information sourcing by 'key word' search
- escalation of outstanding problems
- personnel register for quick sourcing
- comprehensive search & report
- e-mail connectivity
- problem prioritising
Hardcat caters for both reactive and planned maintenance for all types of assets/equipment, planned maintenance can be scheduled on either a usage or calendar basis with the ability to also plan for one off maintenance routines. Hardcat allows for multiple asset/equipment maintenance by enabling the user to raise tasks on individual assets, assets of the same type or manual selection of various assets. Maintenance history and costs are recorded against individual assets/equipment for later use and reference. It provides the user with:
- work scheduling by asset type, location, engineer or defined options
- automatic maintenance, repair & problem flagging
- records of tests/maintenance performed, action, time taken & costs
- user & supplier register for quick reference & sourcing
- printed job sheets
- comprehensive reporting facilities
- update of test results & next test date
- registration of equipment problems
Requisoft Web Front End
Requisoft have also produced a web based front end for Hardcat that allows common asset management tasks to be performed quickly and easily. The module is browser based and simple to use. It can be accessed from anywhere via an organisation's network and has sophisticated security to allow access to information on a need to know basis. The system has the following benefits:
- The main asset management tasks required to keep information up to date can be completed without using the full Hardcat system;
- Little training is required to use the system;
- Responsibility for recording changes to assets can be devolved to local managers or specific teams outside of the main asset management department;
- Assets in remote offices can be more easily managed;
- The module is viewed in a browser and therefore can be accessed from anywhere via an organisation's intranet;
- A user's access to asset information is closely controlled and can be limited to specific people with specific rights and access.
Tasks that can be performed include:
- New Assets can be created;
- Existing Assets' details can be amended or deleted;
- A Block Update facility enables groups of assets to be amended together for tasks such as office moves i.e. all assets in one location can be selected and moved to new location;
- User's rights can be maintained using the Requisoft Administration module
- Requisoft Web Front End
The Administration Module is used to manage users and system configuration. Users are assigned a role and a cost centre. The role defines which modules of the system are available and what the user may do within them. The system allows these roles to be constructed. Examples of role types are:-
Goods Inward Clerk
Cost Centres allow users to be grouped and managers to be assigned to be responsible for them. In this way, a hierarchy can be established which controls the access to information on the system. For example, a Manager may be set up as being in charge of a Cost Centre and able to see all requisitions raised within the Cost Centre.
The reporting module is accessed from within the other modules and provides the user with reports appropriate to their status. A number of standard reports are provided with the system but users may add their own, using a report generator such as Seagate Crystal Reports.
The Help Module is accessed from within the other modules and provides the user with help appropriate to their current position on the system.
The Budget Module uses a flexible company and cost centre structure allowing budgets to be set up for financial years and financial periods.
The system is multi-currency and allows budgets to be viewed in the local currency, the standard currency for a Group of companies or in Euros.
For each budget period, the system keeps account of the budgeted amount, the amount outstanding on requisitions and the amount invoiced. Managers can view and allocate budgets as part of the Purchase Requisition Workflow process.
System security prevents a user from viewing data outside their Company and/or Cost Centre.
Benefits of this feature include:-
Flexible, powerful cost centre structure can handle budgets by Project and/or Department and/or period;
Up to date information ensure that Managers do not exceed budgets;
Cost Centre structure ensures that spend in properly allocated.
fixed asset software
web enabled helpdesk software